SECTION 5: DISCIPLINARY SANCTIONS
Any student exhibiting prohibited behavior mentioned in this code shall depending upon the gravity of the misconduct or depending on its recurrence be subjected to any of the following disciplinary sanctions.
To nurture self-disciplined students with sense of responsibility and reinforce a respectful culture
- To maintain discipline in the campus, college premises, classroom as well as in the hospitals wherever the students are posted.
- To achieve the goal of creating a safe, motivating and accepting college environment by supporting the use of positive attitudes and practices.
- To uptake measures for inappropriate behaviour including progressive discipline comprising suspension and expulsion where necessary.
- To frame the rules and regulations of the committee.
- To make sure that all the students are aware of the discipline of the college and campus.
- To encourage the students to maintain discipline wherever necessary.
- If any indiscipline found by any of the students, warn them on the first instance. Take disciplinary action based on the Rules and Regulations of the committee, if found with indisciplined behaviour by the same students repeatedly.
DISCIPLINE COMMITTEE MEMBERS
|Sr. No.||Name of the Member||Designation|
|1||Dr. Mrs Vaishali Peyyila||CHAIRPERSON|
|2||Mrs.Sapna Chaudhary||INCHARGE OF COMMITTEE|
|6||Mr Bhusan Sowane||STUDENT REPRESENTATIVE(P.B.B.SC NURSING)|
|7||Ms.Kavita Bhagat||STUDENT REPRESENTATIVE(P.B.B.SC NURSING)|
|8||Mr.Magesh Kapse||STUDENT REPRESENTATIVE(1st yr. G.N.M)|
|9||Ms Ankita Fulzale||STUDENT REPRESENTATIVE(1st yr. G.N.M)|
|10||Mr.Mayur Sapkal||STUDENT REPRESENTATIVE(2ND yr. G.N.M)|
|11||Ms Lata Salve||STUDENT REPRESENTATIVE(2ND yr. G.N.M)|
|12||Mr Mayur Sable||STUDENT REPRESENTATIVE(3rd yr. G.N.M)|
|13||Ms Gayatri Wagh||STUDENT REPRESENTATIVE(3rd yr. G.N.M)|
- If a candidate is caught guilty of any forgery candidate shall be expelled from the examination hall immediately and examination of such candidates including the outcome shall be terminated/ cancelled.
- Such candidates identify and communication detail shall be noted down by invigilators for reporting to university.
- Forgery is a cognizable offence and strictest disciplinary action shall be taken to punish the candidates including but not limited to filling an FIR (First Information Report) with the local police authorities.
- The candidates shall be debarred from appearing from any, some or all of university certification examinations for a period of 3 years or more as applicable which university finds suitable in its disciplinary action pursuant to the investigation report. The final decision of University shall be binding and undisputable.
- If a candidate had passed such examination the certificates shall not be issued against such examination.
- Any request for reappearing or refund of fees shall not be entertained against the respective enrollments.
A. Minor sanction
i)Warning or Reprimand:
This is the least sanction envisaged in this Code. The student engaged in any prohibited behavior will be issued a warning letter. The bad conduct of such students shall be informed to the Parent/Guardian.
The students engaged in any prohibited behavior may be asked to tender an apology for his/her act, undertaking that he/she shall not indulge in such or any of the prohibited behavior in future.
The student engaged in any prohibited behavior/conduct may be asked to pay a fine of Rs. 1000/- towards student welfare fund.
The tool used by the student in violating the code of conduct shall be forfeited.
B. Major sanctions
i)Non evaluation of course:
Students who indulge in any form of malpractice during the process of his evaluation, or try to influence the evaluator from any source, he/she shall not be evaluated I that course.
ii) Suspension of privileges:
A student / group of students may be prevented from availing privilege like using common academic facilities like library , computer center etc; recommendation for loan / scholarship / fellowship etc; representing the institution in any national or international meet, tournament, annual program, etc.
A) Suspension from College:
If any student violates the code of conduct which leads to lowering of the esteem of the college or involves in ragging or involves in any activity which endangers the dignity and safety of other students or staff of the college and if the college authorities find prima facie evidence is available against the student, he/she shall be suspended from the college for a maximum period of 15 days, pending further enquiry by the college authorities.
B) A student may be suspended from the college for violation of any of the provision of this Code. The period of suspension and condition, if any, shall be clearly indicated in the communication addressed to the student. The student shall lose his/her attendance for the suspended period. The period of suspension shall be decided based on the findings and recommendations of the enquiry committee
Restitution implies reimbursement in terms of money and/or services to compensate for personal injury or loss/ damage / disfigurement to the property of the college or any property kept in the premises of the college in any manner. The student or group of students may be asked to compensate for the loss that has been caused to any person or property of the college or any property kept in the premises of the college due to act of vandalism perpetrated by the students. The students/group of students shall also be liable to put in their services to restore any loss or, damage caused to any property and thereby bringing it to its original form if it is possible.
iv) Debarring from Examinations / Expulsion:
A student/group of students may be debarred from writing all/any/some of the examinations, which forms part of the academic program for which he/she/they has / have joined.
Expulsion is the extreme form of disciplinary action and shall be resorted to only in cases where stringent action is warranted. Expulsion is the permanent dismissal of a student from the college. Any student who is persistently insubordinate, who is repeatedly or willfully mischievous even after warning und punishments, in the opinion of the competent authority, is likely to have an unwholesome influence on his/her fellow students, will be removed from the rolls. Such a student will not be eligible for readmission to any of the courses of this college.